1. INTRODUCTION AND TERMS
2. WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
FAO: Compliance Manager
Discovery Property Management
1 The Glebe
Telephone: 01363 860255
3. YOUR RIGHTS
Under the Data Protection Laws your rights are:
- To be informed – We must make available this privacy notice with the emphasis on transparency over how we process your data.
- Access – You are entitled to find out what details we may hold about you and why.
- Rectification – We are obliged to correct or update your details.
- Erasure – This is also known as the request to be forgotten.
- Restrict processing – You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress the processing by us of your personal data.
- Data portability – You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data that you have provided to us.
- Object – You have the right to object to us processing your data in relation to direct marketing and or profiling.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – We do not use automatic decision making or processing.
4. THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect and process Personal Data. Typically the personal data we collect and process will include name, address and email address but we may collect and/or process other personal data from time to time. It also may include IP address and cookies following your visit to websites.
We collect personal data from:
- our website
- engagement of (or enquiry about) our services
- Third Parties (see the section “Third Parties” below).
5. HOW YOUR DATA WILL BE USED
We use information held about you to:
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your devices
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes or by Legitimate Interest)
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so, e.g. asking a question through our website
- carry out necessary maintenance to our infrastructure
- notify you about changes to our services
- we also embrace the use of social media and may wish to process any comments made public by you.
6. THIRD PARTIES
We will keep your information within the 'organisation' except where disclosure is required or permitted by law or when we use third party service providers (data processors) to supply and support our services to you. They will not share your personal data with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for a period of time we instruct to meet the requirements of the Data Protection Laws.
Please see below the list which sets out the categories of recipients of personal data.
- IT Support Services
- Tenancy Deposit Scheme
- Email Provider
- Secure document disposal service
- Internal HR systems provider
- Property listing platforms and website
- Email marketing platforms
- Office cleaning services
- Utility providers
7. LEGITIMATE INTEREST & MARKETING
Where we use Legitimate Interests we will record our decision and our method on making this decision.
If you are an existing contact or customer we will only contact you by postal and electronic means (e-mail) with information about services or goods which you have previously purchased from us or enquired about. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by post or electronic means only if you have consented to this. You can choose to not receive these types of communication by contacting us.
9. DATA RETENTION
Our data retention policy is dictated by the Data Protection Laws and is available for inspection by submitting a written request using the contact details provided in this policy.
10. DATA DELETION
Under Data Protection Laws you have the right to erasure under specific circumstances. A request for your personal data to be deleted will be decided on a case by case basis and must be submitted in writing to the contact details provided in this policy.
11. DATA CORRECTION
We will correct or update your data without delay provided you make the request in writing to the contact details provided in this policy, clearly specifying which data is incorrect or out of date.
12. DATA INSPECTION
We strive to be as open as we can be in terms of giving people access to their personal data. Individuals can find out if we hold any of their personal data by making a formal request under the Data Protection Laws. Such requests must be in writing to the contact details provided in this policy. If we do hold your personal data we will respond in writing within 30 days of your request (where that request was submitted in accordance with this policy).
The information we supply will:
- confirm that your data is being processed
- verify the lawfulness and the purpose of the processing
- confirm the categories of personal data being processed
- confirm the type of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed
- let you have a copy of the data in an intelligible form
Please note that you will need to provide identification in order to prove who you are to access your data
In the instance that we do not hold information about you we will also confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity.
If Discovery Property Management is sold or merged with any other business, your details may be disclosed to our advisors and any prospective purchaser and their advisors and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
We may also use information for the purpose of monitoring our website usage in order to help us to develop our services and our website and may provide information to third parties. Note: this information will not include data that can be used to identify any individual.
We may also want to provide you with information about promotions or events or features of our website or any other service or a produce we think may be of interest to you. If you would prefer not to receive this information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to complain about the processing of your personal data. Please contact us using the details provided above. If you are still unsatisfied you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office, Tel: 0303 123 1113, www.gov.uk/data-protection
We advertise your properties on: