We let and manage furnished and unfurnished flats and houses throughout Devon. Please click on 'Properties' above to view a shortlist. Our stock changes daily and you should contact us for current availability or to register your requirements.
Please note that for your safety and peace of mind:
- All our managed properties are GAS safety certificated and inspected for electrical safety and furniture fire safety
- Security deposits will be treated in accordance with the Tenancy Deposit Protection regulations
Our Letting Procedure
Booking a Viewing
Please note that it is a requirement to view a property before an application can be made to rent it. Initially we will need the applicants contact details and the times/dates you are available to view. We will also need financial details to access affordability criteria and employment status. Viewings will be arranged at times to suit you where possible, and you will be accompanied by a member of our team, who can give advice and answer any questions you may have.
Applying for a Property
If you would like to rent a property that you have viewed, you should notify us as soon as possible as demand is currently outstripping supply. At this point we will ask you to:
- email us full names, contact telephone numbers and email addresses for each prospective tenant
- provide us with a provisional start date for the tenancy to begin
We will then email you full details of the application process for you to start the on-line application. Once you have completed your applications you pay a Holding Deposit, we will undertake reference checking using an independent referencing company. As soon as we have received satisfactory references we will contact you to agree a suitable tenancy start date and arrange for you to sign the tenancy agreement. This has to be signed within 15 days from when the holding deposit is paid, unless agreed beforehand.
We will also ask to see documentation to confirm your ID under the Right to Rent Check. We are legally obliged to do this and you will be asked to supply these documents in person.
Three days before the start of the tenancy the Security Deposit and first month's rent (less any holding deposit, as agreed) is paid by you to Discoverypm and is received as cleared funds.
Before the tenancy starts (payable to Discoverypm 'The Agent')
- Holding deposit: 1 weeks rent (payable on completion of the application forms)
This will be allocated to the first month's rent. This is non-refundable if a tenant withdraws their application once referencing has commenced or, if misleading information is provided or information is withheld on the application form or the tenant fails the right to rent check
- Deadline for agreement: When the referencing has been completed unless otherwise agreed beforehand the tenant has 15 days from the point the holding deposit was paid to sign the Tenancy Agreement
- Security Deposit: 5 weeks rent (payable 3 days before start of the tenancy) is held with the DPS in accordance with their terms and conditions
- Services: The tenant is responsible for all services at the property including electricity, gas, water rates, oil, TV licence, telephone and Council Tax
During the tenancy (payable to Discoverypm 'The Agent')
- Any alterations/variation to the tenancy agreement: £50 (incl VAT)
- Early termination fee (with Landlords consent): £360 (incl VAT)
- Late payment of rent: 3% above the Bank of England base rate which, after 14 days can be backdated to the rent due date
- Lost keys or security devices: if these are lost during the tenancy they will be charged to the tenant
Discoverypm is a member of CMP (Client Money Protect), which is a client money protection scheme, and also a member of TPO (The Property Ombudsman), which is a redress scheme.